What Should I Ask When Hiring An Attorney?
We know that it can be difficult to find the “right” legal fit when hiring an attorney. We know that our team can assist you with the respect, knowledge and communication about your case that you deserve. However, it is important to be prepared when sitting down to begin any type of legal process. Below you will find some information that may help you as you evaluate your options to hire an attorney:
- Know Who You Are Hiring
- It’s always a good idea to look at your potential lawyer’s background, education and expertise.
- Ask how much experience the attorney has handling cases like yours?
- What has the lawyer’s success rate been in winning cases similar to yours?
- The potential lawyer needs to be just as candid with you as you are with them.
- Every lawyer should have a game plan—know their game plan and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- What is the strategy for handling your specific case?
- Possible outcomes?
- In legal disputes, is a settlement, mediation or arbitration an issue?
- Are there any potential problems that your case may encounter?
- Manage and Money
- Who will be handling your case?
- Will there be paralegals handling your case as well?
- How much does the law firm charge per hour?
- Is there a different hourly rate for an attorney vs. a paralegal?
- Is there a contingency fee?
- Is there any way to reduce the total cost of legal fees?
These 3 subjects are to help you or a loved one choose the right attorney. For us, we are dedicated to providing our clients with the best possible advice and assistance with their personal injury cases.