Atlanta Automobile Accidents Attorney
Car wrecks occur every day in Atlanta and across Georgia. Many of these accidents cause significant injuries to drivers and passengers. If another party’s negligence caused a car crash resulting in your injuries or injuries to a loved one, the experienced car wreck attorneys at Kaine Law can help.
Kaine Law handles auto accident cases on a regular basis, and can help you take action after a serious motor vehicle collision. With dozens of years of collective experience handling car accident bodily injury claims, our attorneys are passionate about helping and fighting for injured victims in Atlanta and across Georgia.
Common causes of car wrecks in Georgia
Each year, there are more than 350,000 auto accidents in the Peach State. These crashes are the result of a wide variety of factors, ranging from driver negligence to defective automotive parts. The car accident lawyers at Kaine Law are ready to help you take action after auto accidents caused by:
- Distracted driving. Between talking on cell phones, texting, adjusting the radio, following GPS directions and paying attention to passengers, drivers today are more distracted than ever. When drivers take their eyes off of the road for even a couple of seconds, it can drastically reduce reaction times and result in serious car wrecks.
- Reckless driving. Drivers who exceed speed limits, change lanes without looking or make quick turns endanger other drivers and passengers. Reckless driving is illegal in Georgia. Another term for reckless driving is “aggressive driving.”
- Driving under the influence (DUI). It’s illegal to operate a motor vehicle if your blood alcohol content (BAC) level is .08 percent or higher. DUI-related accidents are particularly dangerous to everyone on the road. The cause of DUI accidents is not just limited to people driving under the influence of alcohol. DUI accidents also include the use of or driving while under the influence of drugs and medication. Driving while under the influence of drugs includes both legal medications and illegal substances; essentially, anything that can impair one’s ability to drive.
- Equipment malfunction. If a vehicle part isn’t working correctly, a driver could lose control and hit other motorists. This may be due to poor vehicle maintenance or a defective auto part traced back to the manufacturer, in which case it may call for a products liability claim.
- Driver fatigue. It’s unsafe for drivers to operate a car or truck if they’re too tired. Falling asleep at the wheel creates a dangerous situation for everyone driving on the road.
- Poor driving conditions. Bad weather, ice and loose gravel on roads are also common causes of accidents. When conditions are poor, motorists should reduce their speed and take reasonable care to avoid collisions.
Car accidents with large trucks
When a large 18-wheeler or commercial truck strikes a passenger vehicle, the consequences are usually catastrophic. These accidents tend to result in serious injuries and property damage, and a large percentage of them are fatal. Driver fatigue, drunk driving, poor maintenance, faulty equipment and the failure of truck drivers to adjust to changing weather or roadway conditions are all common causes of trucking crashes. After an accident between a car and a large truck, you may need to seek compensation for personal injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one.
Contact an Atlanta car wreck lawyer
The experienced auto accident attorneys at Kaine Law strive to assist injured people throughout the Atlanta, Conyers, Lawrenceville, Stockbridge area and across Georgia. We have office locations in DeKalb, Henry, Rockdale and Gwinnett County. Call us today at 404-214-2001 or contact us online to set up a meeting. Hablamos español.